How to Dye Your Pubic Hair the Right Way
Have you recently begun to notice that the hair around your privates is starting to turn gray? Does the fuzz around your Johnson seem mismatched to what’s on your head, face and chest? Do you already dye your beard to help pull off a younger, more attractive look?
If you are answering yes to these questions, this blog post is for you! Most men will start to notice graying in the pubic area starting in their mid-thirties. It’s a normal part of aging. And to keep it real, the older you get, the more crops of gray you will see.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t be mindful of what’s going on down there, particularly if you’re trying to make an impression.
And so for what it’s worth, we’re going to walk you through how to color your pubic hair the right way. Hey – it’s not like we haven’t talked about topics like this before. In the past, we did an extensive page on the best DIY options for getting the gray out.
The truth is over 60% of men choose to learn about grooming online because they fear being judged by others. Sadly, men’s grooming still remains taboo in certain circles. The good news is that you don’t have to worry about such nonsense here.
So if you are an aging otter that is transforming into a handsome wolf or bear, the following information has been posted especially for you with real pictures from our iPhone.
We recently conducted some tests to see which products worked best and discovered that the folks at Betty Beauty offer the absolute best product for achieving the desired look. While old standbys like Just for Men may do wonders for the scruff on your face, its miraculous powers do not extend to the pubes. Sorry, they just don’t!
So without further delay, here is our walkthrough of how to dye your pubes the right way in 8 easy steps. Are you ready? Let’s jump right in!
1. Prepare in advance
There are a number of steps required as part of the pubic hair dying process. You can write these down or simply print this entire part out:
- Order a box of Betty Color. You can get this directly from Amazon online by visiting this link.
- Pick a color that best matches your natural look. They offer a variety of choices, ranging from black to auburn.
- When the box arrives to your home, make sure you have the application wand, spatula, mixing tray and gloves ready.
- Get a jar of petroleum jelly handy to help protect staining on skin.
- Have your smart-phone with a timer app ready.
- Grab an old towel or clean cloth. You’ll need it to wipe off your counter or excess mixture from your skin.
2. Manscape your privates
Before you do anything, you will want to trim the desired area to your liking. We won’t bore you with how to do this except to say that if you’ve never done this before, there are plenty of “How To” guides online that offer excellent directions. One of our favorites is available on the site Bellatory and it includes illustrations.
Hint: Don’t forget to trim under your scrotum and around your buttocks!
3. Open your box of Betty Down There
- Take the tube labeled Betty Color and squeeze a 1-inch circle into the mixing tray. Be careful not to squeeze too much because the tube is sensitive to touch.
- If you have lots of hair around your pubes, squeeze a little more than 1 inch so that you get full coverage.
- Save whatever is left to use in the future when the color starts to fade (it will eventually happen).
4. Add the developing crème to coloring
- Grab the bottle of developing crème with the number “2” on it and open.
- Squeeze an equal amount of the crème into the tray containing the coloring from step 3.
- When squeezing the developing crème, use a small amount of pressure. Otherwise you’ll glob too much product.
5. Mix it up
- Grab the spatula that’s provided in the Betty Coloring kit.
- Mix the crap out of the developing crème and coloring until completely blended
- Let the combined liquids set for about one minute.
6. Apply to mixture to your pubes
- Using your finger, apply a small amount of petroleum jelly around the hairline to prevent staining. Use a little around your inner groins if necessary.
- Grab the wand that was included in the kit.
- Coat the wand generously with the mixture in the tray.
- Apply the mixture liberally to your pubes, using an upward motion. Take your time and don’t move too fast.
- If you experience any burning or irritation, rinse off immediately.
7. Chill for 15 Minutes
- Set the timer on your smart-phone and take a break for 15 minutes. If you want to pass the time, read something from the web or chill to some music.
- (Optional) If you want an extra dark shade, leave the mixture on for an additional five minutes.
- (Optional) Some guys quicken the wait time by wrapping some cellophane around the pubes. Don’t worry because the cellophane will naturally stick.
- (Optional) Using a blow dryer set to low heat, gently blow dry the area for about 5-10 minutes using broad passes back and forth.
8. Rinse yourself off
- Once the appropriate amount of time has passed, jump into the shower and rinse the area well.
- After showering, gently blot dry the area with a towel or clean cloth.
- If your hands or other skin area are stained, use a warm, soaped up washcloth to blot up color.
- Avoid using the washcloth on newly colored pubes while wiping off skin.
Is Betty Down There Safe?
We think so. One of the reasons we like Betty Coloring (aka “Betty Down There”) is because it doesn’t contain ammonia, parabens or other harsh chemicals. There’s no harm in conducting a patch test on your skin in advance if you are worried about having an allergic reaction.
How long will the coloring last
The answer is – it depends. When we used it, the product lasted a full two weeks without having to reapply touchups. But each guy is different so it will depend on your lifestyle factors, hair growth and so forth. We will say that when you do need to touch up, the process is fairly quick.
When I hookup, will the color come off?
Nope! Even when you sweat, the coloring won’t rub off. It’s considered demi-permanent so you won’t have to worry about having a temporary look. And no, anyone else who sees it will not know you have colored it if you follow the steps outlined above.
Can you use it on chest hairs?
Believe it or not, yes. Should you choose this option, we don’t recommend that you dye your entire chest. Instead, blend in the coloring here and there to create a more natural look. A popular option is to simply trim your chest hair as part of Manscaping and not bother coloring.
Can’t I just use beard coloring for my pubes?
In our experience, the end result just isn’t the same. Plus, some of the beard colorings offered on the marketplace contain harsh chemicals that you probably don’t want around your privates. If you have sensitive skin, this is particularly true.
Coloring the greys out of your pubes isn’t all that hard. If you are already dying your beard, why on earth wouldn’t you want to address other parts of your body, such as the area around your privates? No need to be embarrassed about this guys – it’s all part of grooming.
The only person who can age shame you is yourself. We hope you found this “How To” guide useful!