Avoid having a broken penis and crushed balls
Believe it or not, it is possible for men to experience a broken penis. This painful injury usually happens in conjunction with having crushed balls. While the thought of someone breaking their manhood may cause a case of the giggles, it’s no laughing matter.
Penis injures happen more often than you think. According to published research, nearly 20,000 men visited an emergency room last year to treat manhood related traumas.
In most cases, the injuries are minor. But in sometimes, an accident can be so severe that it causes the penis to detach. And if that’s not cringe worthy enough, a guy’s package may have to be surgically repaired.
That’s what happened to Channing Tatum who accidentally burnt his manhood during a film shoot several years ago.
What follows are the 7 top ways men injure their penis and crush their balls. The material has been culled together from several medical journals, along with popular men’s health magazines.
Let’s jump right in!
1. Zipper chewed
As you might imagine, zipper accidents are a major cause of penile injuries. The research data shows that nearly 21% of all emergency room visits for trapped foreskin – and scrotum sacks – happened because metal teeth chewed into a guy’s junk.
How to prevent problems:
- Double check to make sure your manhood is properly stowed before zipping up.
- When wearing boxers, look to see if the head isn’t peeping out.
- Use extra caution if you like wearing pants commando style.
- If your manhood does get pinched, never pull harshly to free him. Instead, squeeze the head of your shaft and slowly pull the skin from the zipper’s teeth little by little.
- If you must, use wire cutters to snip the zipper’s spine so that the entire zipper collapses. Use extreme caution if you do this.
2. Snapped by a Penis Ring
In order to extend pleasure and address erectile dysfunction issues, a lot of guys put on a penis ring (aka: pleasure ring, c*ck ring). While there’s nothing wrong with this, you need to use caution to avoid injury.
How to prevent problems:
The key to injury prevention is being mindful when putting the ring on and taking it off. See link below for a comprehensive guide for how to properly use a c*ck ring.
Related: How to wear a pleasure ring for men
3. Injured during oral sex
There’s nothing worse than feeling the sharp edge of teeth on your manhood during oral fun. This often happens to guys who have a lot of girth or when the person doing the blowing isn’t experienced.
When your manhood gets cut, you run the risk of an infection happening.
How to avoid injury:
If you have a fattish, beer sized can penis, it’s important to warn your sexual partner in advance. Don’t be afraid to let them know you have a thick one and to use caution while servicing you.
If you feel the scrape of teeth at any point, tell the person to stop immediately. They obviously haven’t learned to fully open their mouth or to coordinate with their hand. The last thing you want to do is be their guinea pig!
If you do notice scrapes and cuts, wash your penis right away with soap and water. Once dry, put a little Neosporin on the affected areas. Monitor for a few days for any sign of infection. Contact your doctor should you notice redness, blotchiness, patches or anything unusual.
4. Sliced while manscaping
Do you like to manscape? If so, you wouldn’t be alone. A lot of men like trimming their genital parts, including the area around their balls.
With the popularity of shaving, doctors are seeing more cases of penis and ball slices than ever before. In extreme situations, guys have accidentally sliced into their penis so severely that it causes hemorrhaging.
How to avoid:
- Only use razors when you need to and instead, trim with a body groomer. Norelco makes a high quality trimmer many guys like.
- If you do need to shave, use a brand new razor each time. This will help you avoid bacterial infections.
- Always use an antiseptic when you’re done shaving. A great choice is Cool Fix. It doesn’t burn and will reduce the chance of folliculitis. A great shave cream/antiseptic combo that includes the antiseptic can be found on Amazon.
- Never manscape in a rush. Allow plenty of time and repeat to yourself: “Slow and steady”
- If you do cut yourself, take a clean cloth and use pressure to compound the wound until the blood clots. In severe cases where major bleeding occurs that won’t stop, head to the ER.
- If you notice any signs of an infection, like redness, swelling, puss or dark skin areas, call your doctor ASAP. If left unchecked, you could end up looking like this!
Offsite link: How to shave your genitals for men.
5. Smashed during a bike ride
Have you ever crushed your balls while riding your bike? According to published researched, you wouldn’t be alone. According to research conducted by Dr. Benjamin Breyer, Chief of Urology at San Francisco General, nearly 6,500 Americans ended up in the ER for these kinds of accidents.
In most cases, the injuries are minor. But in some cases, the trauma can be severe. This happens when a hard bicycle seat’s sharp edge shears the penis at the shaft. It also happens during a forward motion spill where the seat crushes the ball sack.
To prevent injuries:
- Make sure you fit the bicycle. Consult with your cycling shop carefully before making a purchase.
- Get fitted for a saddle to make sure it’s the right size for your frame.
- The goal is to make sure most of the pressure is on your “sit bones” and not on your scrotum.
- Insist on a padded seat that has extra sponge.
- Wear bicycle shorts with crotch padding to shield your entire package from potential injury.
6. Snapped during anal
If you play the top role and enjoying giving rides, it’s always important to use caution. That’s because there have been more than a few cases where men have literally snapped their penis during insertion.
This happens when you try to forcibly push your manhood inside of the anus from the wrong angle and hit the coccyx bone. The end result can be a bending of your d*ck that can cause it to snap.
To avoid problems:
- Don’t top from the side.
- Use the missionary position as a first choice
- Start out slow until you hit your groove
- If you feel pain, stop what you are doing
- Use a high quality silicone lubricant, like Gun Oil.
- Head to the ER right away if you hear a “snap” or notice your manhood is looks crooked.
7. Crushed at the gym
Have you ever felt the weight of a 45 LB barbell crushing against your balls? Talk about severe pain! These types of genital injuries happen when guys aren’t mindful about how they are handling weights.
In many cases, the accident is minor. In severe cases, however, the trauma can be so severe that it requires immediate medical attention. If you rack yourself with a barbell or dumbbell and notice that your balls have blown up like a Macy’s Day Float, get to a doctor right away.
To avoid injuries:
- Use extreme caution when handling dumbbells and barbells.
- Avoid swinging weights whenever possible.
- If you are using a kettlebell, make sure you are properly trained by a professional first.
- Watch what direction you are walking to avoid stumbling penis first into a universal bar.
Wrapping Things Up
Avoiding a broken penis and crushed balls isn’t all that hard. The trick is to take a mindful approach when engaging in any of the activities described above.
We hope you found this article useful. Please Like us on Facebook and share on social media!
References: Spitznagal, E. Snap, Crush or Otherwise Mangle. Men’s Health. November, 2016
Zip Related Genital Injury. (2013). BJU International